Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
If some users are having trouble signing into an app that has been rostered, follow this troubleshooting guide.
- Step 1 - Impersonate the User and Check for a SourcedId
- Step 2 - Search for the User in Roster Server
- Step 3 - User is Missing or has an Invalid Username
- Step 4 - Check for Enrollments
Step 1- Impersonate the User and Check for a SourcedId
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Users -> Users. From here, find the user and impersonate them (click the yellow icon).
2. Open https://auth.classlink.com in a new tab and verify the user has a sourcedId. If the user has a sourcedId, go to Step 4.
Step 2- Search for the User in the Roster Server
1. If the user does not have a sourcedId, there are two possible reasons: they do not exist in Roster Server or they have an incorrect username in Roster Server. To check, go to the Classlink Management Console -> Roster Server -> Manage.
2. Click on Preview Data -> Users. From here search for the user by username. If you can't find the user by username, try searching by the identifier or first and last names. If you can't find the user or the user is found with an incorrect username, go to Step 3. Otherwise, go to Step 4.
Step 3- User is Missing or has an Invalid Username
1. If the user cannot be found
Your CSV files will need to be checked as to why they do not have the user.
2. If the user has an invalid username
If the user was found, but with an incorrect username, the users.csv file will need to be updated with the correct username.
Step 4- Check for Enrollments
If the user is found in their appropriate org, class, and the class's course, ensure they have enrollments.
1. Copy the sourcedId from Preview Users.
2. Go to Applications ->Actions ->Find for the app the user is having trouble accessing.
3. Search for a user and enter their sourcedId.
4. Make sure that the user is enrolled in the proper classes. If the user is not, your enrollments.csv file will need to be corrected.
- Updated: Mar 2019