Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Below are the steps to SFTP your CSV files and how to initiate the import process into the Roster Server.
SFTP OneRoster CSV Files
1. Using an SFTP program like WinSCP (https://winscp.net/eng/download.php) or FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client), log in with the server host information and credentials provided by ClassLink.
2. Once connected, drop the OneRoster csv files in the DailyImport folder, as shown below.
Now that the files have been uploaded, they will be imported during the set import schedule or by manually clicking the Import Now button. To do so, follow the below instructions.
1) Go to Settings -> General -> Importer Settings -> enable the Sync button on and choose a sync schedule.
2) To initiate the import, go to IMPORT ROSTERS -> Import Now.
3) After your data has been imported, scroll down to view a summary report of the import under Import Details -> Status -> click Complete for the most recent import.
4) The report will provide information on records added (in green), removed (in red), as well as deltas (the orange triangle), errors and warnings. If data has an error (for example, a user has no givenName in the CSV) then it will not be imported, and an error message describing why will be given in the summary. Data with a warning will be imported, but a warning will be given in the summary. Deltas are data that exists on the server that was changed on a subsequent import (for example, a class period was changed from one import to the next).
5) Once your data has been verified as clean by HelpDesk, go back to the left frame menu and click Applications to choose the applications you wish to roster. This document will help as well.
Updated: Aug 2019