Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
If your student information system does not have an API, then the OneRoster formatted CSV files will need to be uploaded to your ClassLink Roster Server via STFP. Below are the steps to SFTP your CSV files from your student information system to the Roster Server and how to initiate the import process.
Preparing CSV files
To prepare your OneRoster CSV files, please review the following:
Note: The username field in the users.csv MUST match the user's ClassLink login credentials (Active Directory username, Google username, or Azure username).
SFTP OneRoster CSV Files
Note: ClassLink will provide you with a dedicated username and password in order to upload your OneRoster files via SFTP.
Note: Please be sure of the following: 1. Account information is entered correctly.
2. Outbound connections on Port 22 are allowed on your firewall.
3. An active connection has already been made (only 1 connection can be made at a time). 4. Your IP Address has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be whitelisted.
2. Once connected, drop the OneRoster csv files in the DailyImport folder, as shown below.
Now that the files have been uploaded, they will be imported during the set import schedule or by manually clicking the Import Now button. To do so, follow the below instructions.
1) To initiate the import, go to IMPORT -> Import Now.
2) After your data has been imported, scroll down to view a summary report of the import under Import and click Complete for the most recent import.
3) The report will provide information on records added (in green), removed (in red), as well as deltas (the orange triangle), errors and warnings. If data has an error (for example, a user has no givenName in the CSV) then it will not be imported, and an error message describing why will be given in the summary. Data with a warning will be imported, but a warning will be given in the summary. Deltas are data that exists on the server that was changed on a subsequent import (for example, a class period was changed from one import to the next).
4) Once your data has been verified as clean by HelpDesk, set your sync schedule needs to be set by going to Settings -> General -> Daily Sync -> then enabling the Sync button and choosing a sync schedule. To do so, Thresholds must also be set.
5) To add the applications from vendors for rostering, click Applications. This document will help as well.
Updated: Sept 2020