The Classlink Agent is required for Local Applications
We have created a New ClassLink Agent (Mac and PC) to GREATLY improve the local editing experience! ClassLink Agent is a small applet that would be locally installed on your computer and it eliminates the need for Java. Local editing of files is lightning fast!
- ClassLink Agent stays in your task tray and you can click it to see the status of current files and history of previous ones.
- ClassLink detects if Agent is installed and falls back to Java where it is not available.
- Provides notifications on upload/download completion.
- One click access to documents that fail to upload properly.
- Available for Mac and PC
- Using the ClassLink Agent also means no more Java updates.
|1.||Locate then click the gray circle in the MyFiles module found at the top right of the My Files page.|
|2.||A new window will appear. Click the Download Agent box to download the agent MSI file.|
|3.||Click on the MSI file to begin installing the file.|
|4.||Once installed, return to the Download Agent window, then click 'Verify Agent Installed'.|
|5.||Click close. If the agent is installed the MyFiles module will have a GREEN circle.|
Click on the 'Download Agent' button.
To begin installing the agent, click on the msi file at the bottom of your screen.
To continue installing the agent, click 'Run'
Click 'Next' 3 times in the installation window
Verify that the agent is installed.
To create local browser app ClassLink Management Console (CMC) -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> Add
1. Change Type to Local Application
2. Add Path of desired app
You can switch on the toggle for Ignore Path to have the agent check the registry.
You can click add a field to add additional paths that may contain the program (e.g. 32bit vs 64 bit, different versions of the same program).
You can leave it blank unless you want to send a cmd line parameter to the app.