Audience: ClassLink Administrator
- How to Assign Applications
- Assigning Applications via Roster Server
- Creating App Libraries
- Manage Folders
- Adding Additional Applications
How to Assign Apps
Apps can be assigned to users by Profile, Group, or User from your custom apps list (or from the global App Library) in your CMC within Add and Assign Apps.
1. Open the ClassLink Management Console.
2. Click Applications -> Add & Assign Apps.
3. Scroll or use the Search feature to locate the application.
4. Click the green Assign button.
5. Click the Add button for the desired Profile(s), Group(s), or User(s).
Assigning Apps via Roster Server
You can also assign apps to orgs, courses, or classes in your Roster Server. To have this feature available, you will need to have it activated for your organization. You will still be able to assign apps to groups and individual users after the activation.
Once activated, simply assign the desired app to the Orgs, Courses, or Classes through the Classlink Management Console -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps.
In addition to assigning by org, course or class, you also assign apps using permissions from Roster Server. To do so, click the Roster Server tab in the Assign menu of an app.
From here, click the dropdown menu to select the Roster Server app whose permissions you want to use. After selecting a Roster Server app, click the Add button.
After selecting an app, you will then be able to select which roles will have the app assigned to them. Select your desired roles and click the Add Selected button to finish assigning the app.
Creating App Libraries
Custom libraries can be created and assigned to specific Profiles.
1. In the CMC, go to Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> App Library.
2. Toggle to enable or disable the App Library
3. Click the green Add button to create custom libraries under the Customize Libraries section.
4. Under the Assign Application column, click Applications to assign what apps are included and set them to be Visible to All users, or Visible to Profiles for access to certain profiles only. A single app can be assigned to multiple custom libraries.
Users can manage their apps by creating their own folders. This allows admins to create locked folders that users cannot delete, add/remove apps, or rename the folder.
- ClassLink Management Console -> Applications -> Manage Folders.
- Click Add button.
- Enter in Folder's Name and desired Folder Color.
- Click Save.
- Find the folder, click Assign.
- Select applications you desire in the folder.
- Click the x on the top right.
Next, check out Adding Additional Applications!
Updated: Dec 2018