Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
In order to test provisioning of resources to a user via OneRoster, you can temporarily override the information sent by ClassLink to any OneRoster-enabled resource.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Groups & Users -> Users -> find the user whose information you wish to override -> click the green Override OneRoster data button under Action.
2. On the window that pops up, you can see the user's details, which include their sourcedId, username, display name, and email address. Only the user's sourcedId can be changed.
3. On the next window, you can set orgs for the user to be associated with. To see what orgs they are currently assigned to (if any), click the Assigned Only box.
4. Next, you can set classes for the user to be assigned to. As with orgs, clicking the Assigned Only box will show what classes the user is already assigned to (if any).
5. Finally, review the user's sourcedId, the number of orgs and classes they will be assigned to, and choose a duration for the overridden data to be active. You can choose between one day, week, or month. Click save to finish and override the data.
If the data you see is incorrect or missing, or the overridden data is no longer needed, you can click the Update from OneRoster button to fetch active data from the server. Clicking this will also clear any previously saved overrides that have yet to expire.