Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Users can sign into ClassLink using our QuickCard or Facial Recognition for access without entering a username or password.
- Enabling QuickCard
- QuickCard Management
- Class Quick Card for Roster Server Users
- Enabling Face Recognition
In order to display the Sign in with QuickCard button on the login page, you must set to display it on the login page and then enable it for your users in the ClassLink Management Console (CMC).
1. CMC -> Settings -> Login Page -> Edit (blue button under Action) -> Social Links ->turn the QuickCards toggle to On.
2. Go to CMC -> Single Sign-On -> Sign-In Options -> turn the QuickCard Recognition to On.
3. Click the blue gear icon to enable QuickCards for your users by clicking the green Add button for each desired group. When finished, click the X in the top right corner to dismiss the window.
4. Click the green Save button.
Administrators have the ability to Generate QuickCard, Export Data and Print QuickCards for groups in bulk.
1. Go to CMC -> Single Sign-In Options -> QuickCard Management -> Manage Groups
2. For each desired group, click the number of (synced or previously logged in) users from the Users column on the right.
3. This provides access to the following for the users in the chosen group:
- Generate QuickCard - Creates a QR code for all the users so all they have to do is print individually from their My Profile.
- Export Data - Transfers the data onto an excel sheet that includes: UserID, Username, Email, Display Name, and Code - to be used for 3rd party QRCode software.
- Print - Prints QuickCards for all users in bulk for that group.
4. If needed, QuickCards can also be reset by clicking the blue reset button action.
Class QuickCards for Roster Server Users
If your organization is using the Roster Server, the designated ClassLink Administrators may generate and print QuickCards for any rostered class. This functionality has been added to the Classes section of the Roster Server module in the ClassLink Management Console.
Teachers may also print the QuickCards for their own rostered classes using the Class QuickCard app.
Enabling Face Recognition
Facial Recognition is a form of biometric identification that scans your face to instant login a user hassle-free. It is a hands-free method that uses consistent algorithms to detect each facial structure and compares it to mappings of facial features. No images are stored.
This fast and easy method lets you sign in by simply looking into a webcam to scan your face. No hands or memorizing! But before you get started, you would need to enable it and register and verify your facial structure.
In order to display the Sign in with Face button on the login page, you must set to display it on the login page and then enable it for your users in the ClassLink Management Console (CMC).
1. CMC -> Settings -> Login Page -> Edit (blue button under Action) -> Social Links, ->turn the Face toggle to On.
2. CMC -> Single Sign-On -> Sign-In Options -> turn the Face Recognition to On.
3. Then, click the blue gear icon to enable Face Recognition for your users by clicking the green Add button for each desired group. When finished, click the X in the top right corner to dismiss the window.
4. Click the green Save button.
5. Users will need to complete set up in their My Profile section, once logged in.
Updated: Dec 2018