Audience: ClassLink Administrator
The EdTech dashboard allows teachers to assign apps from the Add & Assign Apps list (in the ClassLink Management Console) to groups to which they have permissions. The steps below show how to add and manage the Delegate Permissions folder.
Make sure that you assign the EdTech Dashboard app by navigating to ClassLink Management Console -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> Search EdTech Dashboard -> Assign EdTech app to Group/User.
Delegating Permissions allows you to grant app assigning to, for example, a high school computer liaison, but limit the app assigning to particular high school groups.
The next steps are:
- use Delegate Permissions to selected groups within the EdTech Dashboard.
- assign Groups to that user/group so they will be able to assign apps.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Applications -> Delegate Permissions -> Click Add.
2. Locate the new user.
3. Click Add next to the desired users.
4. Assign groups to that user.
In this example, QA Teacher can assign apps to 2018 Students and 2019 Students.
On QA Teachers' LaunchPad, clicking on EdTech Dashboard will bring up a list of apps. The user can search for an assigned app to the groups he/she has delegation over.
The ABC-CLIO World History app can be assigned to 2018 Students and 2019 Students now.
Updated: Feb 2019