Audience: Instructor or Student
Using a Quick Card to log into ClassLink, but don't have a webcam? Use Remote Login! This simple method allows an individual Quick Card user to sign into ClassLink on a computer with the usage of the ClassLink Remote Login mobile app. Remote login also lets you save multiple activation codes which is helpful for teachers helping young Quick Card users to log in. Teachers can use the Remote Login app to log in each student one by one on individual computers in a classroom. Therefore, 2 devices will be needed for this process - a mobile device (mobile phone or iPad) and a computer or laptop.
1. On a mobile device (mobile phone or iPad), download the ClassLink Remote Login mobile app.
2. From the mobile app's Authenticator screen, click the Settings Gear.
3. Skip the tutorial and then click Manage QR Codes.
4. Click Scan a New QR Code to scan the printed Quick Card and then provide a name and click Save. If not printed, the Quick Card from within the ClassLink account can be printed from Profile Settings or an image can be captured.
5. Teachers can repeat the process for the rest of the class, if applicable.
6. Click the Back Arrow twice to access the Authenticator.
7. From your computer's Internet browser, go to your school organization's ClassLink login page and click Remote Login on the bottom of the screen.
8. Use the mobile app's Authenticator on the mobile device to scan the provided Remote Login Code and choose a user to log in.
Updated: Mar 2020