Audience: Instructor and Student
My Files is your place to access, edit, and store ALL of your files and folders located on your school network and cloud drives from any device.
If an admin has allowed it, you will also have the ability to connect your cloud storage applications you already use such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Office365, OneDrive, and Box.com. You will be able to see all of your files and documents that you work on at school. You can view, edit and save these files, from ANY device, instantaneously.
Note: School network drives are an optional feature for organizations who authenticate into ClassLink with Active Directory credentials.
Note: When a file is clicked, it will open up in Office Online or Zoho automatically. If the file ends in an 'x' (docx, pptx, xlsx), it will use Office Online. Older files will still use the Zoho editor.
To get other My Files options:
- Right-click a file.
- Change the default click option.
- Choose to open the file on your device instead of editing online.
|Smart Menu Item||Description|
|Open in Zoho||
Online document editor. Option only available when the file cannot be opened using Office Online.
|Open in Office Online||
Online document editor for files that end in an 'x' such as docx, ptx, or xlsx.
|Open On Your Device||
Use your locally installed Office applications to edit your documents (uses Java by default; also see Classlink Agent).
Copy then paste your document anywhere! Paste to a network folder, Google Drive, OneDrive, Office365 or Dropbox.
Download to your local machine.
|Default Click Action||
Change what the default action is when a file is clicked. Choose between Open in Zoho, Open on Your Device or Open in Office Online.
|Open in RDP||
Open using an RDP application.
Delete this file permanently.
|Email (For Instructors)||
Email a document as an attachment using the ClassLink email service
ClassLink Agent is a small applet that would be locally installed on your computer and it eliminates the need for Java. Local editing of files is lightning fast!
- ClassLink Agent stays in your task tray and you can click it to see the status of current files and history of previous ones.
- ClassLink detects if Agent is installed and falls back to Java where it is not available.
- Provides notifications on upload/download completion.
- One click access to documents that fail to upload properly.
- Available for Mac and PC
- Using the ClassLink Agent also means no more Java updates
1. Click on the Download Agent button.
2. To begin installing the agent, click on the MSI file at the bottom of your screen.
3. To continue installing the agent, click Run.
4. Click Next 3 times in the installation window
5. Verify that the agent is installed.
Note: Below is the meaning of the circle color.
Grey: Agent not installed yet.
Yellow: Agent update available.
Red: Agent update required.
Green: Agent installed.
6. Now that the agent is installed, go to a document in My Files, try the Open on Your Device option!
ClassLink has the ability to let you preview your PDF files and images stored in your files. Simply click on the PDF or image you wish to view and the preview window will appear automatically.
Updated: Oct 2020