Audience: ClassLink Administrator
There are several options for adding applications, such as creating simple weblinks, adding from our global library, or creating custom apps.
- Adding Apps from the App Library
- Adding a Weblink App
- Customizing SSO Apps from the App Library
- Creating a Single Sign-On (SSO) App
- Single Sign-On App with Advanced SSO
- Creating a SAML SSO App
- Creating an ADFS SSO App
- Customizing App Library
- Assigning Applications to Users
Adding Apps from the App Library
The App Library has different apps in various categories. You can search through categories or by typing the app name in the Search box if you would like to add an application that has not already been custom built by our Helpdesk.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> App Library.
2. Search for the desired app and then click on the Add button to add the app. A Remove button will then be available if later needed.
3. You will be able to see it added in Add & Assign Applications. If you can't find an app, then you can search for it in the Search box on the right.
Adding a Weblink
- To add a weblink, or shortcut, (Non-SSO Weblink) for websites that do not require a login, go to Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> Add.
- Fill in the blank fields for the application.
- Click Save.
Customizing SSO Apps from the App Library
1. To customize an existing SSO app, you will need to add an app from the App Library.
2. Click on the 3 dots under the Other Actions menu.
3. Copy Application (it will make a copy of both app and connector).
4. Since this is a Form Post with Extension app, the connector would be an Extension Connector (located under Single Sign-on).
5. Search for the copy application.
6. Click Edit.
Supported SSO value variables
Creating a Single Sign-On (SSO) App
You can create the SSO connector first or create it while creating the app.
1. Open Extension Connectors listed underneath the Single Sign-On section
2. Click Add.
3. To inspect a website, right click on the login, password, and submit boxes.
4. Once you've obtained those, go to the Extension Connector.
5. Add the id fields to the Selector field.
6. Name the label accordingly.
7. Scroll down and click the green save button.
8. To create an SSO, click on the green Add button under the Add & Assign Apps sections of Applications. From there a form will pop up asking you for information such as Application Name, Description, Icon, Category, whether it is Single Sign-On or not, Type, and Web Address.
9. Under Single Sign-On App -> Switch the button to Yes.
10. Choose Form Post with Extension from the Type drop-down menu.
11. Click the blue Select button.
12. Search for the Extension Connector you just made.
13. Select -> Save.
Single Sign-On app with Advanced SSO
You will notice in your Extension Connectors a new field at the bottom called Advanced SSO that allows input of JSON, which is a lightweight, understandable setup for structuring data.
Creating a SAML SSO App
To add a SAML SSO app, you either have to use the IDP Initiate Login URL provided from the SAML console or custom URLs that initiate the Single Sign-On process from a vendor. The process to create a SAML app is similar to creating a Weblink app.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps.
2. Click Add.
3. Enter the Custom URL from a vendor (Exampled: HMH).
Creating an ADFS SSO App
To add an ADFS SSO app, locate the ADFS SP initiated URL from ADFS or contact your vendor for assistance.
1. ClassLink Management Console ->Applications -> Add & Assign Apps.
2. Click Add.
3. Complete form.
4. Enable Single Sign-On -> Select ADFS.
5. Paste the ADFS SP initiated URL in the web address field.
6. Click Save.
7. Assign to your users.
Customized App Library
To make apps accessible in the App Library throughout your organization, you can create custom libraries to which to assign relevant apps.
1. CMC -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> App Library -> Add to name the
2. Choose the Profiles of users to whom the library should be visible.
3. Click Applications -> Click Add for each application that should be included in the library.
4. Applications can also be assigned to the custom library options by choosing the apps from the app list under Add & Assign Apps and selecting the appropriate checkboxes.
5. Users will now have access to the assigned apps in the libraries accessible to them.
Updated: March 2019