Audience: ClassLink Administrator
ClassLink comes with a powerful reporting engine which allows an analysis of logins, application usage, and browser/OS used, among other things.
- School List
- User List
- Login Types
- Audit Logs
- How to Give Others Access to Analytics
The Dashboard section shows you an overview of your district's information. This includes logins, top used apps, and most active users, groups, and schools.
In addition to the Overview, you can also create custom dashboards with multiple tiles from different locations. Using a drag-and-drop interface, a maximum of 4 custom dashboards can be created per user. This feature is restricted to users with full permissions.
To add a new dashboard next to Overview click the Plus (+) icon and from there you will be brought to the custom dashboard editing page which has options to add a title and to drag and drop charts/statistics.
The Logins section displays the login information for all users in your ClassLink system.
The School List section of Logins allows you to view statistics of individual schools. It will list all of the schools, their total logins, and a small monthly logins graph. From this tab, you can also Compare up to four schools' logins and app usage information, as well as generate a CSV or PDF of all schools' login information.
The User List section of Logins will list all users, which can be exported as a CSV. The list can also be filtered to include users who have never logged in.
Browser/OS section of Logins will show graphs showing information on Browsers, Operating Systems, and Resolutions that are most commonly used.
Login Types section of Logins will show a graph of login methods users are using.
The Apps section displays app usage and cost information for your ClassLink system.
The Audit Logs section lets you inspect any changes made to groups, users, or apps. It examines an individual's action and documents a report summary.
How to Give Others Access to Analytics:
Typically, only Tenant Administrators have access to ClassLink Analytics but there is a process to give select users access to ClassLink Analytics.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Analytics -> Settings.
2. Go to the section called User Permissions -> click the Add Users button to bring up a list of users and choose which ones to give access.
3. Click the blue plus icon to add them to the list.
4. If you want the added user to have access to all the data from analytics, leave the permissions at Full.
If you want to limit user's permissions, click the blue icon and choose either Custom or Full Access
5. Once those users have been added to the User Permission List, assign the ClassLink Analytics app to the user.
6. The user can then launch the app to view ClassLink Analytics.
Updated: Jul 2019