Audience: ClassLink Administrator
ClassLink allows Administrators to enable Two-Factor Authentication by Profile. Once enabled, users can set up their preferred method of verification.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Settings -> Security.
2. Click the switch to turn it ON.
3. Click the configure button.
4. Click Add for each Profile you wish to enable Two-Factor Authentication, based on the method options of Mobile, SMS, or Image (see descriptions of each below). You may even require this feature by checking the Required box.
5. Close the window in the top right corner and then Click Save.
If you choose a phone, they will be texted a code that they will have to enter in order to login in.
If you choose an Image, you will have to pick that image during sign in each time. If you forget your image, you can have your administrator reset your two-factor authentication options.
To set up:
1. Choose an Image.
2. Below is an example prompt screen for image method of Two-Factor Authentication.
3. The user must now select the image he/she selected during the Two-Factor Authentication setup.
Mobile Authenticator App:
If you choose the Mobile Authenticator App, you can connect Google, Microsoft, LastPass, or Authy apps. Simply scan the QR code given -> Enter the code generated by the app. After setup, when logging in you will be prompted to enter the code given by the Authenticator App.
Resetting Two-Factor Preferences
Your users are bound to forget their Two-Factor preferences! This will prevent them from logging in. But no worries! You can now reset it from the Management Console.
1. Settings -> Security -> Click the configure button
2. You can reset Two-Factor preferences for an entire Profile or individual users. You may also want to Remove the feature entirely. Select the appropriate tab and Click Reset.
3. Close the window and Click Save.
Updated: Feb 2020