Audience: ClassLink Administrator
ClassLink allows Administrators to enable Two-Factor Authentication by Profile. Once enabled, users can set up their preferred method of verification.
- Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
- User Setup
- Resetting Two-Factor preferences
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Settings -> Security.
2. Click the switch to turn it ON.
3. Click the configure button.
4. Click Add next to the Profiles. You may even Require this feature by checking the box.
5. Close the window and Click Save.
If you choose a phone, they will be texted a code that they will have to enter in order to login in.
If you choose an image, you will have to pick that image during sign in each time. If you forget your image, you can have your administrator reset your two-factor authentication options.
To set up:
1. Choose an image.
2. Below is an example prompt screen for image method of Two-Factor Authentication.
3. The user must now select the image he/she selected during the Two-Factor Authentication setup.
Resetting Two-Factor Preferences
Your users are bound to forget their Two-Factor preferences! This will prevent them from logging in. But no worries! You can now reset it from the Management Console.
1. Settings -> Security -> Click the configure button
2. You can reset Two-Factor preferences for an entire Profile or individual users. You may also want to Remove the feature entirely. Select the appropriate tab and Click Reset.
3. Close the window and Click Save.
Updated: Feb 2019