Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Once you setup OneSync, you can automate syncs to manage your accounts for you. OneSync acts as middleware to reduce the time and effort needed to maintain account information in an orderly and secure manner.
- Windows Server 2016 or later
- Install Google Chrome
- If you are using a WSUS server, ensure that IIS packages are available
- Run all Windows Updates
- Ensure that the following resources are accessible:
- amqp://oms-mq-prod.classlink.io:5671 (or 443)
Notes for Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012R2 entered "extended support" on 10/9/2018. Because of this, we recommend installing OneSync on Windows Server 2016 or later.
If you are running OneSync on Windows Server 2012 R2, please make sure that you install Update for Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB2999226) prior to installing OneSync. This can be installed via windows updates or by following the above link.
The OneSync Installer will create and configure a database server and website for your OneSync account. The listed items are required and included with your installation:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft .NET Core
1. Download the OneSync Installer on your desktop -> Open the updater file -> click on OSUpdaterGUI application.
2. Click Run.
3. Click the Install button on the top left corner -> Click blue Install button.
4. After you have run the installer, open a Chrome web browser.
5. Log into your OneSync portal using the default username and password: admin, 12345. If you do not have an SSL certificate, the website can be accessed at http://localhost.
When a new build is pushed to production, Update Available will appear next to an update button on the Settings page. Click this button to update your build. The Current Version number will increment to confirm a successful download.
If you are installing on Windows 2012 and IIS fails to install, ensure that the executable is not blocked by windows.
Updated: Jan 2019