Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Once you setup OneSync, you can automate syncs to manage your accounts for you. OneSync acts as middleware to reduce the time and effort needed to maintain account information in an orderly and secure manner.
The OneSync Installer will create and configure a database server and website for your OneSync account. The listed items are required and included with your installation:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft .NET Core
1. Download the OneSync Installer on your desktop -> Open the updater file -> click on OSUpdaterGUI application.
2. Click Run.
3. Click the Basic button on the top left corner -> Click Install button from the drop down.
4. The updater will then check your system for the prerequisites, and will show a check mark next to each one if it is already installed.
5. After the updater is done checking the prerequisites you can then click the blue Install button, which will install OneSync as well as any prerequisites that need to be installed.
6. After clicking the blue Install button OneSync will begin installing and once completed will have Done! printed in the Process Log.
7. After you have run the installer, open a Chrome web browser.
8. Log into your OneSync portal using the default username and password: admin, 12345. If you do not have an SSL certificate, the website can be accessed at http://localhost.
When a new build is pushed to production, Update Available will appear next to an update button on the Settings page by clicking on the blue cog wheel in the top right corner. Click this button to update your build. The Current Version number will increment to confirm a successful download.
If you are installing on Windows 2012 and IIS fails to install, ensure that the executable is not blocked by windows.
Updated: Jan 2020