Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
The purpose of having threshold alerts is to prevent an unintentional import of incorrect data and possibly passing along that incorrect data to all the vendors who automatically receive your rosters.
Thresholds are found in your Roster Server Console -> Settings -> General.
Each time a new import of rosters comes into Roster Server, it is first compared to the existing roster data to see if the number of changes exceeds the defined thresholds for each data field.
If thresholds are not exceeded, the import proceeds automatically.
If thresholds are exceeded, the new data is not imported and an alert is sent to the email addresses that are set to receive threshold alerts in the Roster Server settings area.
If the threshold value is set to zero, it can prevent any changes from being made to the data. You are able to alter individual threshold values based on your district's data size.
View Exceeded Thresholds :
1. Log into Roster Server with an admin account.
2. Click the Import Rosters tab.
3. Under Import Details, click Thresholds Exceeded of the latest import.
4. To see what the changes were, scroll down to the Error Details section.
5. Click the blue Show Actions button.
6. If the changes look acceptable, then scroll to the top of the page.
7. Click Override Thresholds to allow the import to pass.
Updated: Dec 2018