Audience: ClassLink Administrator
The Public Portal is a public page that allows districts to showcase the web apps made available to their users.
- Adding Apps
- Editing/Deleting Apps
- Viewing Notifications
Classlink Management Console -> Portals -> Public Portal
1. Turn the Portal ON/OFF
2. Set the URL that will be used to access the portal
3. Upload a Custom Logo
4. Change both the Title and Description of the portal
5. Click Save
Apps can be either added to Resources or Collections, which is essentially a folder.
To add an app to Resources
1. Classlink Management Console -> Portals -> Public Portal
2. Click the Add button
3. Find the app
To add an app to a Collection
1. Create the Collection (if not done already) by clicking Add in the Collections section
2. Set a Name and Description
3. Click the Assign button under Resources
For apps in Resources, editing is done by clicking the green pencil under the action menu.
Here you can set various properties of the app like:
1. Application Type
2. Platforms available on
4. Click Save after making any changes
For apps in the Collection view, you can get to the edit menu by:
1. Clicking Assign for the Collection the app is in
2. Click the green pencil icon.
Apps can be deleted by clicking the Trash icon next to the pencil
To manage notifications of an app in the Application View:
1. Click the Bluebell in the action menu
To manage notifications of an app in the Collection view:
1. Click Assign for the Collection
2. Click the Bluebell
Notifications can be viewed by clicking the red circle at the top right of each application (provided it has at least one notification)
Notifications are ordered by newest first, you can also view notifications in the Application Details view by clicking Announcements.