Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
ClassLink Roster Server needs the following information in order to connect to an API:
1. Log into ClassLink LaunchPad and click on your Roster Server app (or click on your ClassLink Management Console app, then click on Roster Server from the left frame). You can also access the Roster Server Console by logging in through https://console.oneroster.com.
2. Go to Connector Settings to enter these values, along with the URL.
3. Click on Settings -> General.
4. Click SIS Connector Settings -> Select your SIS.
5. Enter your SIS URL and the retrieved ACCESS_KEY and ACCESS_SECRET.
6. Click SAVE in the bottom right corner.
7. Click Test Connection and a message of success will appear.
8. Turn the Enabled switch on.
9. Click Run Connection (This may take a while)
10. Above, under Importer Settings, turn the Sync button on and choose a sync schedule.
11. Click on Import Rosters -> Import Now and your files will appear. This document will help as well.
12. Go back to the left frame menu and click Applications to choose the applications to the roster. This document will help as well.
We have SIS-specific instructions available to assist in setting up the connector. Instructions are available for the following SIS providers:
- Blackbaud ON
- eSchool Plus
Proper URL Format
Using the API connector requires not only a valid key, secret, or token, but also a correctly formatted URL. Even if the other credentials are correct, an unformatted URL will still result in a failed connection test.
Below are some guidelines on how URLs should look like. Make sure your API URL looks similar to these.
For the URL field, use the base URL for your Aeries Web application. If you are uncertain of the base URL, simply browse to your Aeries login page, then copy everything before the last slash (“/”) in the browser’s address bar.
4. Infinite Campus:
Updated: Oct 2019