Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
- Selecting an SIS API Connector
- SIS-Specific Documentation
- Proper URL Format
Selecting an SIS API Connector
1. If supported, you are able to configure Roster Server to pull data directly from your SIS (Student Information System) via our API connector. First, select an SIS from the selection window. If we support direct API connections, there will be a blue API banner at the top right of the icon.
2. Enter in your URL and proper credentials (usually a Key and Secret). Click SAVE. PowerSchool is the only SIS where you can set a connection limit. Keep in mind that the higher the connection limit you set, the more likely the SIS will start denying or throttling requests.
3. Once you have entered in the proper information, click Test Connection to the API and if successful, click Run Connector.
4. To make SIS pulls a part of your daily sync, toggle the enabled switch to ENABLED.
5. This will also change the import directory from the DailyImport folder to the SISImportFiles folder.
We have SIS-specific instructions available to assist in setting up the connector. Instructions are available for the following SIS providers:
Proper URL Format
Using the API connector requires not only a valid key, secret, or token, but also a correctly formatted URL. Even if the other credentials are correct, an unformatted URL will still result in a failed connection test.
Below are some guidelines on how URLs should look like. Make sure your API URL looks similar to these.
For the URL field, use the base URL for your Aeries Web application. If you are uncertain of the base URL, simply browse to your Aeries login page, then copy everything before the last slash (“/”) in the browser’s address bar.
4. Infinite Campus:
Updated: Mar 2019