Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
If you are ready to set up Roster Server to pull data from the Aeries API, you’ll need to retrieve your URL to Aeries, the key, and secret.
- Aeries API Set Up
- Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
Aeries API Set Up
1. Click Add to create a record for a 3rd party product.
2. Name the product and check the OneRoster box.
3. After saving the record, check the box to Display Consumer ID & Secret Keys for OneRoster. Make note of the Consumer ID and Consumer Secret Key values that display.
4. Setup the permissions for the newly created record.
To grant permission: Click the box next to the appropriate table/program area under the Read column, and the box will become checked with a green background.
To remove permission: Click the box again, and the check mark and green background will go away.
5. The following is a list of permissions that are needed for the complete set of OneRoster API endpoints that Aeries currently supports.
- Student Data
- Student Data
- Gradebook Scores
- Gradebook Category
- Gradebook Assignment
- Teacher Data
- Master Schedule
- Course Data
- School Information
Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
1. Log into ClassLink -> click on your Roster Server app (or click on your ClassLink Management Console app, then click on Roster Server from the left frame). You can also access the Roster Server Console by logging in through https://console.oneroster.com.
2. Go to Settings ->General.
3. Click Connector Settings.
4. Click on Settings -> General.
5. Under SIS Connector Settings -> click Choose to select your SIS (Aeries).
6. For the URL field, use the base URL for your Aeries Web application. If you are uncertain of the base URL, simply browse to your Aeries login page, then copy everything before the last slash (“/”) in the browser’s address bar.
7. For the KEY field, use the Consumer ID from Step 1.
8. For the SECRET field, use the Consumer Secret Key from Step 1.
9. Click SAVE in the bottom right corner.
10. Click Test Connection and a message of success will appear.
11. Turn the Enabled switch ON.
12. Click Run Connection (This may take a while). After setup, your settings page should look similar to this:
13. Under Importer Settings -> turn the Sync button on and choose a sync schedule.
14. Click on Import Rosters -> Import Now and your files will appear. This document will help as well.
15. Go back to the left frame menu and click Applications to choose the applications to the roster. This document will help as well.
Updated: Mar 2019