Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
If you are ready to set up Roster Server to pull data from the Infinite Campus API, you’ll need to retrieve your URL to Infinite Campus, the key, and secret.
- Infinite Campus API Set Up
- Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
- Roster Server Settings
Infinite Campus API Set Up
1. Login to Infinite Campus.
2. Go to System Administration -> Learning Interoperability.
3. Click New to create a new credential record.
4. Enter a Vendor Name.
5. Enter a Purpose describing why this connection was made.
6. Enter a Consumer Key following the hard-coded prefix.
7. Modify the Token Expiration Date if desired. Do not exceed 13 months from the current date.
8. Leave the Status as Active.
9. Click Save to finish. Additional fields display and are populated when the record is saved.
Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
1. Log into ClassLink -> click on your Roster Server app (or click on your ClassLink Management Console app, then click on Roster Server from the left frame). You can also access the Roster Server Console by logging in through https://console.oneroster.com.
2. Click on Settings -> General.
3. Under SIS Connector Settings -> click Choose to select your SIS (Infinite Campus API).
4. Enter your Infinite Campus URL and the retrieved Key and Secret, and School Year. Please make sure to include the hard-coded prefix from the Key into the Key section of your Connector Settings. The OneRoster API URL format is: https://schoolDistrictName.infinitecampus.org/campus/oneroster/schoolDistrictName
5. Click SAVE in the bottom right corner.
6. Click Test Connection and a message of success will appear.
7. Turn the Enabled switch ON -> click Save again.
8. Click Run Connection (This may take a while).
9. Under Importer Settings -> turn the Sync button on and choose a sync schedule.
10. Click on Import Rosters -> Import Now and your files will appear. This document will help as well.
11. Go back to the left frame menu -> click Applications to choose the applications to the roster. This document will help as well.
Updated: Mar 2019