If you are ready to set up Roster Server to pull data from the Infinite Campus API, you’ll need to retrieve your URL to Infinite Campus, the key, and secret.
Step 1: Infinite Campus API Set Up:
- Login to Infinite Campus.
- Go to System Administration > Campus Learning > OneRoster
- Click New to create a new credential record.
- Enter a Vendor Name.
- Enter a Purpose describing why this connection was made.
- Enter a Consumer Key following the hard-coded prefix.
- Modify the Token Expiration Date if desired. Do not exceed 13 months from the current date.
- Leave the Status as Active.
- Click Save to finish. Additional fields display and are populated when the record is saved.
For more information, refer to Infinite Campus's official documentation.
Step 2: Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
Log into ClassLink, click on your Roster Server app (or click on your ClassLink Management Console app, then click on “Roster Server” from the left frame). You can also access the Roster Server Console by logging in through https://console.oneroster.com.
Click on Settings > General.
Under SIS Connector Settings, click “Choose” to select your SIS (Infinite Campus API).
Enter your Infinite Campus URL and the retrieved Key and Secret. Please make sure to include the hard-coded prefix from the Key into the Key section of your Connector Settings. The OneRoster API URL format is: https://schoolDistrictName.infinitecampus.org/campus/oneroster/schoolDistrictName
Click “SAVE” in the bottom right corner.
Click “Test Connection” and a message of success will appear.
Turn the “Enabled” switch on.
Click “Run Connection” (This may take a while)
Above, under Importer Settings, turn the “Sync” button on and choose a sync schedule.
Click on Import Rosters > Import Now and your files will appear. This document will help as well.
Go back to the left frame menu and click Applications to choose the applications to roster. This document will help as well.
Roster Server Settings
Make sure to fill out the URL, Key, Secret, and School Year.
If you want the 2018-2019 school year, please input "2018"