Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
SchoolTool API Set Up
1. Below is the initial API configuration screen found in Maintenance -> API Security. Your screen may be a little different. Check the box to enable the API.
2. You will need to add ClassLink as a vendor, assign a token and add the IP address. For the IP address, enter ALL or ANY.
3. Allow access to the following files (you may have them named differently):
- Classes (Course and Class Section)
- Student Roster
- Additional Teachers
Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
1. Log into ClassLink -> click on your Roster Server app (or click on your ClassLink Management Console app, then click on Roster Server from the left frame). You can also access the Roster Server Console by logging in through https://console.oneroster.com.
2. Click on Settings -> General.
3. Under SIS Connector Settings -> click Choose to select your SIS.
4. Enter your SchoolTool URL and the token you created.
5. Click SAVE in the bottom right corner.
6. Click Test Connection and a Connection Successful! message will appear. If the connection fails, try adding /webapi.mvc to the end of the API URL.
7. Turn the Enabled switch on.
8. Click Run Connection (This may take a while).
9. Under Importer Settings -> turn the Sync button on and choose a sync schedule.
10. Click on Import Rosters -> Import Now and your files will appear. This document will help as well.
11. Go back to the left frame menu and click Applications to choose the applications to the roster. This document will help as well.
Updated: Apr 2020