Audience: ClassLink Administrator
SAML Applications are known as Federated SSOs which require a trust to be established between your district, ClassLink, and the application’s vendor.
Note: SAML applications must be made in the SAML Console within the ClassLink Management Console.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Single Sign-On -> SAML Console.
2. Click ADD NEW or COPY EXISTING. Copy Existing contains pre-configured SAML apps which need to be updated to fit your unique settings (URLs, domain names, etc.)
Note: The "How to setup" buttons link to the corresponding documentation.
3. Copy the IDP Metadata URL and provide that to your integration engineer. This is a unique URL for your organization.
4. Click the 3 dots and click Edit.
5. Update the METADATA URL with the Metadata or a metadata URL that your integration engineer provided you. You can add any other custom Attribute Mapping and/or Metadata Overrides that are necessary.
6. Next, build the SSO app for your users. From the ClassLink Management Console, go to Add & Assign Apps, click new. Input the name of the SAML app and complete the remaining fields. Remember to turn on Single Sign-On, select SAML as the type, then paste the login URL provided by the vendor.
Updated: Feb 2019