Audience: ClassLink Administrator
The steps below outline the common steps in creating an LTI application. We have a library of vendor-specific guides for LTI in our support page.
1. ClassLink Management Console -> Applications -> Add & Assign Apps -> Add.
2. Fill out the application form.
3. Enable the Single Sign-On App toggle.
4. Under Type, select LTI v1.0 -> click the Add button.
Note: The Launch URL, oAuth consumer key, oAuth consumer secret are all required and should be provided by the vendor. If a Resource link ID value was not specified, you can leave it as sso.
5. Enter the fields with the information provided by the vendor.
6. Under User ID, select between Unique ID, AD Username, Email, UserSourcedId.
Note: This User ID value should match the same value as what's used to roster into the vendor's application.
Note: If the vendor has specified any extra custom fields and values that should be set up with the LTI application, you can add more fields as you need them by clicking the Add Field button.
7. Custom Input Fields can pass through many user variables directly from ClassLink and your RosterServer.
8. Once you've configured your LTI application, click Save. Your app is ready to be assigned and tested.
Updated: Feb 2019