Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Provided are step by step instructions on how to navigate the ClassLink and Clever Admin Consoles in order to set up a SAML connection that can be used to utilize the Clever Instant Login URLs in ClassLink for your users.
1. Create a new SAML connection for Clever in the ClassLink SAML Console by going to the ClassLink Management Console > Single Sign-On > SAML Console > Copy Existing (top right) > locate Clever > click Copy.
2. After you've copied the Clever SAML connection, click on the Clipboard icon next to the IDP Metadata URL to copy it. This URL will be populated in the Clever Admin Console.
3. Login to your Clever Admin Console and go to Console -> Portal -> SSO Settings -> Login Method -> Add Login Method -> Active Directory Integration.
Paste the metadata URL you copied from the ClassLink SAML Console dashboard into the Metadata URL box.
Make sure to check the box to Allow unencrypted SAML assertions then click Save.
4. Go back to the ClassLink SAML Console and edit the Clever SAML setup by going under Tasks, clicking on the three dots, and clicking Edit.
5. Update the metadata used from the Copy Existing function by populating our metadata XML field using the metadata provided at the bottom of Clever’s support page.
Fill in the Login URL box with the district’s login page.
6. Use Clever’s Claim Rule documentation to see how ClassLink's Attribute Mapping for the district should be set up. General rule of thumb is to use the any claim rules to match an attribute across the claim rules for all Clever user profiles. https://support.clever.com/hc/en-us/articles/215176617-How-do-I-use-claims-rules-
7. In the ClassLink Management Console, create each Clever app individually using Single Sign-On App: Yes, Type: SAML and the Clever app Instant Login URL. You must add &skip=1&specify_auth=saml to the end of the Clever Instant Login URL in order to make use of the SAML integration.
8. The Clever SAML integration will always sign in as the first user you signed in as if you did not sign out of Clever manually beforehand. To remedy this, please go to the ClassLink Management Console -> Single Sign-On -> Single Sign-Out -> Additional URLs -> Add -> enter https://clever.com/logout -> Save.