Audience: ClassLink Administrator
ClassLink users have the ability to reset their password through ClassLink. This is available for Active Directory passwords only.
- Active Directory Integration with ClassLink
- Password Reset options are enabled by school ClassLink Tenant Administrators (disabled by default) See details below.
- Users must set up password recovery options in their ClassLink profile.
- AD Service account used in the ClassLink network connector software can be a domain admin or delegated control.**
Delegation of Control
1. When delegating control to a specific OU for the service account, create a custom task to delegate.
2. Next, select "User objects."
3. On the next screen, check the General and Property specific boxes, then check the following properties: Read all Properties, Change Password and Reset Password.
4. Click Next, then Finish.
Enabling Password Reset
After using a domain admin or delegating permissions to the service account, settings then need to be enabled in the ClassLink Management Console (CMC).
1. Log in as a ClassLink Tenant Administrator. Open the CMC --> Settings --> Security.
2. Enable Password Reset -> Click the blue gear to configure password reset for select profiles. There will be 3 options to configure based on the user: Phone, Email or Security Questions.
3. Once you select the options, please make sure to click the Save button.
4. Next, go to Settings -> Login Page -> Edit
5. Enable Password Reset to appear on the login page and click Save.
Setting up Password Recovery Options
Once the password reset option is enabled, users must go to their ClassLink profile to configure their password recovery options.
1. Click on the profile avatar in the top right corner -> Click MyProfile -> Password Recovery Setup.
2. Users will be prompted to configure their password recovery based on the options provided by the ClassLink Tenant Administrator. The example above shows all 3 available options.
3. When needed, users can click the Help, I forgot my password link from the login page and be taken to a page to reset their password.
4. The user will see the page below. The school code should be automatically populated if the user clicked Help, I forgot my password.
5. Once the requirements are filled out, users will be prompted to change their password.
Updated: Dec 2018