Audience: Instructor, Student
Teachers have the ability to add applications for the classes that are rostered to them using the Teacher Console app in order for students to access using the My Backpack app.
- Teacher Console (for teachers)
- Class Announcements
- Discussion Boards
- Resetting Passwords
- My Backpack (for students)
Teacher Console is a feature that allows teachers to easily manage their classes and customize their class application selection.
1. If assigned to staff by Tenant Administrators, the Teacher Console app will be available on the teacher's My Apps screen.
Otherwise it will be available in the Favorites Bar of the My Apps screen.
2. Clicking on the app shows a Dashboard with a list of all classes in which the teacher is enrolled as an instructor and provides a student and app count.
3. Clicking on Apps section provides a more detailed view to see all the apps assigned to that class.
4. Clicking on the Add New App + will bring out any assigned custom App Libraries which will allow teachers to select which applications to add to the class.
5. Apps can be launched by clicking on them or removed by hovering over them to then click Remove.
6. Clicking on Students section will show a list of all students enrolled in the class with an Analytics icon on the right.
7. Clicking on the Analytics icon displays individual login and application data for each individual user.
8. Clicking on Logins will display information on which students have logged into to LaunchPad. A check mark will appear if the student has logged in and the top of the column will show a percentage and ratio of the entire logged in class.
9. Clicking on Time in App will show a heatmap of each student's total time spend using apps.
10. By clicking into a specific day for a student's app usage on the heatmap, you can view more details of the student's app activity for that day.
11. Login information for all your classes can be viewed in the Login Summary tab from menu at the top of the screen. The information on this screen is presented as a heatmap; the darker the square for a particular day, the higher the percentage of students in that class having logged in.
12. Teachers can provide and alternate name to classes. To give a class a nickname, click the name of the class and a text box will be presented to edit. To reset the name back to the default class name, clear the text box and press enter.
13. Clicking on the Edit icon will allow teachers to change the icon and color for the class.
Teachers can add announcements to classes in the Teacher Console.
1. To add an announcement, click the icon in the top right of the console.
2. This will bring up the list of announcements. To create a new announcement, click the Create Announcement button. You can also view expired announcements by clicking the View Expired toggle.
3. When creating an announcement, first choose what classes to create the announcement for by selecting them from the dropdown that appears after clicking Select Classes. next, choose a start and end date for the announcement, finally set the title and content. The content has a 1000 character limit.
4. In My Backpack, students will see announcements for a specific class by clicking on that class in the dashboard, which will lead to the Announcements section for that class.
5. Students can also see all of their announcements by clicking the icon in the top right.
My Backpack gives students a place to see all of their classes and launch apps assigned to those classes.
1. If assigned to students by Tenant Administrators, the My Backpack app will be available on the student's My Apps screen.
Otherwise, it may be available in the Favorites Bar of the My Apps screen.
2. The app will open up to the Dashboard which shows the student's classes and displays icons of the applications specifically assigned to each class.
3. Clicking on a class will bring up a more detailed view with all available apps for that class. Students can click on an app to launch it.
Updated: March 2020