Audience: Instructor, Student
Teachers have the ability to add applications for the classes that are rostered to them using the Teacher Console app for students to access using the My Backpack app.
Teacher Console is a feature that allows teachers to easily manage their classes and customize their class application selection.
1. If assigned to staff by Tenant Administrators, the Teacher Console app will be available on the teacher's My Apps screen.
Otherwise it will be available in the Favorites Bar of the My Apps screen.
2. Clicking on the app shows a Dashboard with a list of all classes in which the teacher is enrolled as an instructor and provides a student and app count.
3. Clicking on one of the classes provides a more detailed view to see all the apps assigned to that class.
4. Apps can be launched by clicking on them or removed by hovering over them and then clicking Remove.
5. Clicking on Add New App will bring out any assigned custom App Libraries which will allow teachers to select which apps to add to the class.
6. Clicking on Students will show a list of all students enrolled in the class.
7. Clicking on Logins will display information on which students have logged into to LaunchPad. If a student has logged in that day, a check mark will appear. Each day will show a total of how many students from that class have logged in, which will also be expressed as a percentage of the students in the class.
Login information for all your classes can be viewed in the Login Summary tab at the top of the screen.
The information on this screen is presented as a heatmap; the darker the square for a particular day, the higher percentage of students in that class have logged in.
8. Clicking on Time in App will show a heatmap of each student's total time spend using apps.
By clicking into a specific day for a student's app usage on the heatmap, you can view more details of the student's app activity for that day.
9. Additionally, clicking on the Edit icon will allow teachers to change the icon and color for the class.
Teachers can also give classes nicknames. To give a class a nickname, click the name of the class and a text box will be presented to edit. To reset the name back to the default class name, clear the text box and press enter.
Teachers can also view individual students' My Analytics by doing the following:
1. Launch the Teacher Console application.
2. Select a Class.
3. Click the Students tab on the left-hand side -> Select a Student.
4. Click on Student Analytics link as shown below:
My Backpack is the improved Virtual Backpack. It gives students a place to see all of their classes and launch apps assigned to those classes.
1. If assigned to students by Tenant Administrators, the My Backpack app will be available on the student's My Apps screen.
2. The app will open up to the Dashboard which shows the student's classes and displays icons of the applications specifically assigned to each class.
3. Similar to Teacher Console, clicking on a class will bring up a more detailed view with all available apps for that class. Students can click on an app to launch it.
Updated: March 2020