Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
This article will go over all the necessary steps to roster with Google Classroom.
Create a New Project
1. Go to console.developer.google.com
2. In the top ribbon, click the current project name.
3. In the dialog that displays, select the correct domain and then choose New Project.
4. Give your project a name, such as Roster Server Google Classroom. Optionally, you can specify a location for the project. Click Create when you are done.
5. You will be returned to the dashboard.
Enable the Google Classroom API
6. Click the project dropdown from the top ribbon.
7. In the dialog that displays, choose the newly-created project.
8. You will be returned to the dashboard again. Confirm that the correct project is displayed in the top ribbon.
9. Click Enable APIs and Services in the top ribbon, or Library in the left navigation panel. They both link to the same page.
10. Use the search bar to search for “Classroom”.
11. Click Google Classroom API.
12. Click Enable.
Create Consent Screen
13. On the left navigation panel, click Credentials.
14. Click the link to Credentials in APIs & Services.
15. Click OAuth consent screen.
16. Choose Internal for the application type. Give the application a name, e.g. “Roster Server Google Classroom.”
17. Add “oneroster.com” as an Authorized Domain. Make sure to press the Enter or Return key.
18. The domain will appear above the input box.
19. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
20. You will be brought to the Credentials page.
21. Click the Create credentials dropdown and choose OAuth client ID.
22. Select Web application for Application type. Enter a name, e.g. “Roster Server Google Classroom,” then click Create.
23. Add “https://console.oneroster.com/settings/google” as an Authorized redirect URI. Make sure to press the Enter or Return key.
24. Verify that the domain was added, then click Create.
25. A dialog box will appear with the client ID and secret.
Congratulations, you’re done!