Audience: ClassLink Administrator
- CSV Source Remote Retrieval
- Active Directory Group Property: displayName
- LENGTH() Function
- Word Hash Sample File
- Clear OneSync Processes
A brand new feature Auto-Correlation has been added to Active Directory, Azure, and G Suite destinations. This feature allows users to have OneSync automatically correlate users during export based on certain fields selected.
When editing or adding a destination, within the Advanced Settings tab, you can Enable Auto-Correlation by selecting the toggle. Once you click the toggle a new drop-down box will appear called Select properties to match on. Within this drop-down is a list of a field that OneSync can automatically correlate on.
Before adding a new user to the destination, OneSync will search for users that match all selected fields.
- A unique match - the user will be correlated and the export will proceed.
- No matches - a new account will be created.
- Multiple matches - OneSync will mark the export as a "Fail" since no confident correlation can be made.
There is also another setting toggle called Do not create link if a match is found with auto-correlation? which will prevent auto-correlation from creating a link between the newly added OneSync user and their corresponding unique destination user match. If this is selected and a unique match is found, OneSync will mark the export as a "Fail" rather than create a duplicate account.
CSV Source Remote Retrieval
We've added two more options for retrieving a CSV source: SFTP and FTPS. These options will allow for remote retrieval of a CSV rather than having a local copy of the CSV file in the ClassLink OneSync folder.
After selecting CSV as the Source Type a new drop down will appear that contains three options: Local, SFTP, and FTPS.
- Local will bring up the original drop down labeled Filename that will be populated with the files located in the ClassLink OneSync folder on your local computer.
- SFTP or FTPS will prompt different input fields for setting up the connection.
- Host box should be populated with the IP address or host name of the SFTP/FTPS server.
- Username and Password should be populated with the login credentials for the SFTP/FTPS server.
- Base Path contains the file path of the SFTP/FTPS server with the Filename being populated with the name of the file that is being retrieved.
A new function has been added to the built-in functions that OneSync has for text transformations which is the LENGTH() function. LENGTH() takes in a string (a word or character) and will return the length of that string.
Word Hash Sample File
An improvement has been made to our Word Hash functionality which allows users to download a Sample File which they can either use or base their own Word Hash off of. The Word Hash file upload and download can be found in OS Settings under the General Settings tab.
- Click Download Sample File -> Now the file can be opened and changed.
- Click Import Words -> The downloaded file can now be imported and used in the Word Hash function.
Clear OneSync Processes
A new feature has been added within OS Settings in the General Settings tab called Clear OneSync Processes. This button will stop and reset any running OneSync processes (imports, exports, correlations, etc.) to a clean state if there happens to be data corruption which causes processes to take more time than expected.