Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Follow the below steps to set up rostering for myLexia as well as its SAML application.
- Obtain the IP Address of Your Roster Server.
- Set Up myLexia Rostering
- Set Up the SAML myLexia Application
Obtain the IP Address of Your Roster Server
1. Log into your Roster Server
2. Copy the URL of the server located in the bottom left corner.
3. Use a DNS Lookup tool such as https://mxtoolbox.com/DNSLookup.aspx or use nslookup on the command line.
Set up myLexia Rostering
1. Go to Apps in the top menu and then click Add App.
2. Toggle on Show Development Apps and search for myLexia, then click the Add button for myLexia rostering.
3. Select permissions for the information that you would like to share with myLexia.
4. Add the SFTP information provided by your myLexia engineer to the export settings of the application under the Other Actions menu -> Export Settings.
5. The export template will be OneRoster v1p1, which is already set as the default.
6. Be sure to toggle on schedule details.
Set Up the SAML myLexia Application
1. Log into the ClassLink Management Console.
2. Go to CMC -> Single Sign-On -> SAML Console.
3. Launch the ClassLink SAML Console.
4. After you log into the SAML Console, click on COPY EXISTING from the top of the navigation menu. This will present a list of pre-configured SAML connections.
5. Copy the myLexia template from the library.
6. You will now see the myLexia SAML connector in your list of applications. Copy the IDP Metadata URL and provide that to your myLexia integration engineer. This is a unique URL for your district.
7. MyLexia will use this URL to establish trust with ClassLink. Once the trust is established, myLexia will provide a metadata text file. This information needs to be added to the metadata field.
8. To do this, click Edit.
9. Locate the metadata field then paste the metadata provided by myLexia. Click Save.
10. Locate the Login URL field then input your LaunchPad custom login URL.
11. Once you've completed updating the SAML settings, scroll down to Save.
12. Next, build the SSO SAML apps in the ClassLink Management Console!
13. From the ClassLink SAML Console, click on the drop-down menu arrow and click Copy IDP Initiate Login URL.
14. From the ClassLink Management Console, go to Add & Assign Apps, click New.
15. Input the name of the myLexia app and complete the fields as shown below. Remember to turn on Single Sign-On, select SAML as the type, then paste the URL you copied from the ClassLink SAML console.
16. Click Save.
Updated: July 2020