Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
- Setting Up Automated Syncs
- Blackout Period for Sync
- Setting Up Thresholds
- Reset All
- Purging Data
- Enabling Daily Email Reports On
Setting Up Automated Syncs
After you have successfully imported your first set of data, you can set up the server to automatically synchronize data on a nightly basis.
1. Settings -> General -> Daily Sync -> Enable Daily Sync.
2. Specify a Sync Time.
3. If desired, enable and set a Daylight Saving Time.
4. If desired, set a Sync Blackout period - daily syncs will not occur during this period.
5. Enter any email address you would like Sync Summaries to be delivered to by clicking the '+' icon. Email addresses can be removed by clicking the red - icon.
6. Click Save.
Blackout Period for Sync
With Sync Blackout, you can now choose date ranges during which your daily syncs will not happen.
1. From the dashboard, navigate to Settings -> General.
2. Scroll down to Sync Blackout, and click Add a Range.
3. Click on Custom Range, and choose the range needed
4. Add as many blackout periods as you want, then click Save in the bottom right corner to save your changes.
If the current date falls in any one of the blackout periods you set, your daily sync will not happen.
Setting Up Thresholds
Thresholds allow you to stop a sync if a certain number of changes are detected during a sync process. Thresholds can be enabled by enabling the toggle in Settings -> General -> Thresholds. Enter the percentage or number for allowed number of changes
If ever needed this button will serve as a kill all running services feature. This button will stop any running import, export, permission calculations, manual records imports, connectors, etc.
The reset all button can be found from Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous.
After confirming you want to reset all, you will see a loading bar. Once this bar has reached 100% and disappears, you may see some errors while using Roster Server for up to two minutes.
Data successfully imported into the Roster Server is marked with a status of active. If on a subsequent import, imported data is modified in a way that makes it invalid (for example, removing a user's name), or deleted from the CSV entirely, the data is not actually removed from the Roster Server. Instead, it is marked with a status of tobedeleted. These records have a status of tobedeleted until an import is done with the modifications corrected (in the case of records being modified and invalid) or returned to the CSV. The options under Removal allow for deletion from the server of records marked tobedeleted.
Purging data can be done from Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous.
Clicking Purge in the screenshot above will remove tobedeleted records that are older than 180 days.
Enabling Daily Email Reports On
Daily emails regarding the status of your Roster Server can be enabled by entering in your email address in the box labeled Import Report Email Recipients. You can control how many emails you want to receive as well.
Successful will send an email if the sync was successful.
Validation Errors will only send an email if there is a validation error with your data.
Thresholds Exceeded will only send an email if a large number of changes in your data are detected.
The daily email provides more useful information, such as your Apps that didn't export and details about your import and export results.
User Permission settings allows Admins to give teachers login access to Roster Server.
1. From the dashboard, navigate to Settings -> User Permissions.
2. From here click on Add Users.
3. Here you will see a list of all the teachers registered in your launchpad account, choose the one(s) you want to give login access to by clicking the (+) button.
4. After adding the teachers needed, close the slide over. The teachers in this list will now have login access to your Roster Server using their ClassLink email and password. These teachers can be removed at any time by clicking the red X button to the right of their row
Updated: Dec 2020