Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
If your vendor requests CSVs or does not use REST API to access your Roster Server data, they will give your SFTP credentials and details that you can populate in the app's Export Settings to schedule automated exports with the data that is defined by your app's Permissions.
Setting up SFTP
1. From the top frame, click Apps, then click Add App to add the vendor.
2. Select the desired permission type, and choose the schools and courses they should have access to if applicable.
3. Go to the Actions menu -> click Export Settings.
4. In the Server Details and Authentication Details sections, enter the server details provided by the vendor.
5. Under File Details, specify the export template that is being sent to the vendor. Some vendors will require a particular template or version of the Roster Server specification be sent to them. If they don't, send the latest Roster Server specification (OneRoster v1p1 as of when this article was published).
6. Enter the Schedule Details.
7. Also in Schedule Details, switch the toggle to Enabled in order for the transfer to take place.
8. Click Save.
9. Click Send Now to initiate the transfer.
Additionally, if you would like to look at what your export data will look like for a vendor without actually sending any data, you can click the gray Dry Run button next to Send Now.
Selecting Dry Run will not send any data to the vendor. To see the data of the Dry Run, click the blue graph to the right of SFTP on the Apps page.
5. Clicking Dry Run Logs will present the data as if it were a real export.
Setting up SSH Key-based SFTP
1. Go to the Actions menu -> click Export Settings.
2. In the Server Details and Authentication Details sections, enter the server details provided by the vendor.
3. Turn on the switch for Use SSH Key.
4. Click Generate Key Pairing to generate the private and public key.
5. Click Export Public Key to download the public key as "applicationPublicKey.pem". Share this file to your vendor.
6. Click Save.
Updated: Apr 2020