Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Analytics has many export functionalities to help districts gather their Analytics data. Administrators can use the Export Settings in Analytics to manage their exports.
Administrators can manage their SFTP exports under the Settings -> Export Settings.
In the Exported Reports tab, administrators can add, run, edit, and delete exports.
Use the icons on the right to Run, Edit, or Delete existing reports (respectively).
When adding a new export:
1. On the top right, click Add New Export.
2. Under the list of report types in the slide-over, choose a data report to be exported.
3. Choose a server for the data report to be exported to by either clicking on an existing server or by clicking Add New Server in the slide-over to set up a new server. See Server Details for additional help on adding new servers.
4. On the last tab, select the date range of the report by clicking on the required drop-down Relative Date Range. Administrators can also choose to disable the export once saved, include only active orgs on Roster Server in the report, and filter the report by school. On the bottom right corner, click Save once finished.
On this tab, administrators can add, edit, or delete export methods.
On the top right corner, click Add New Method to set-up a new method.
Use the Status switches to enable or disable export methods.
Use the icons on the right to edit or delete existing methods.
When adding a new method:
1. Under General Details, set any name.
2. Select the correct Protocol and enter the required information that follows the selected protocol. When setting up servers, click Use SSH Key in the right corner if needed. Make sure to test the connection to the server by clicking Test Auth.
3. On the bottom right corner, click Save once finished.
Analytics logs all file transfer exports. Administrators can see the details of the export history and their results under the Export Logs tab.
Administrators can filter and sort the list by date, message, and time (export time start and complete). To filter by date, use the date-picker on the top right corner of the page.
Direct Downloads do not require an SFTP server to be set up in advance but they have to be manually downloaded so they're better fitted for one-off reports.
To set up a Direct Download export method click on the Add New Method button on the Export Methods page
Then select "direct" from the Protocol dropdown
Now give your export method a name and click the blue Save button on the bottom left of the page. You also have the option to add a list of emails that will be notified whenever your report is ready to be downloaded. Adding emails is not a required step.
You can assign a report a Direct Download method in the same way as SFTP methods
Reports that have a Direct Download export method have all of their downloads under the Direct Downloads tab.
On the right of the page, use the download icon to download the available export.
Under Export Settings, Administrators can edit any export report by clicking its edit button in the list of exported reports.
Clicking the Edit button will open a slide-over where the administrator can edit the export settings.
Under the Configure Exported Report tab, use the checkbox labeled Enable Automatic Export to enable or disable automatic exports.
Under the checkbox, administrators can choose the day and hour when the export should be sent.
Click Save when finished.
Updated: May 2020