Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
The App Folders features will help tenants organize their apps into folders where the sub-apps can aggregate to one folder or inherit the folder permissions, allowing the use of the folder to export data.
Adding an Aggregate Folder
1. Head to the Apps page from the top navigation bar.
2. Click on Add Folder.
3. Add a Folder Name, Vendor, choose Aggregate, and then click Create Folder.
4. Here you can choose to Add Existing App or Add New App.
5. If you choose to Add Existing App, you will see a list of the apps you have already added, based on the previously chosen vendor. Choose the apps you would like included by clicking the checkbox and then clicking the Add Apps button.
6. If you choose to Add New App, you will see the following page where you can search for and add the appropriate app.
7. After choosing the new app and clicking the +ADD button next to it, you will be prompted to select the permissions for that app. Choose your permissions and click Add App & exit.
8. On the Apps tab you will now be able to see your new folder and its sub-apps.
To see the sub-apps, click on the caret on the left side of the folder.
9. From here you can choose to set up your SFTP settings for the folder by clicking on the three dots menu and clicking Export Settings.
Adding an Inherit Folder
1. From the Apps page click the Add Folder button.
2. Add a Folder Name, choose your Vendor, and Inherited, and click Create Folder.
3. Next, you will be prompted to set up permissions for your new folder. These permissions will later be inherited by the folder's sub-apps.
After setting up your permissions, click on Add Folder & Exit.
4. To add apps to the folder, click the folder's associated three dots menu, then click Folder Settings.
5. Here you can choose to Add New App, or Add Existing App.
6. If you choose to Add Existing App, you will see a list of the previously added apps for the associated vendor chosen in step 2.
7. To add an app, simply click on the + button to the left and choose what the sub-app should inherit from the folder, then click Add Sub App.
8. If you choose to Add New App, you will see the following page where you can search for and add the app you prefer by clicking the +Add button.
9. From the apps page, you can now edit the folder's Export Settings and Filter Fields, which will also update the sub-apps' Export Settings and Filter Fields if they were set to inherit them from their folder.
10. Going to a sub app's Export Settings or Filter Fields, you will notice that there are now blue lock icons over each field which indicates that those fields are being inherited from the folder.
11. To edit a certain field, simply click on the blue lock icon above said field and change it to your desired setting/field, and click Save.
12. For both types of folders, clicking on the Edit Folder Contents button from the three dots menu will take you to the Add Existing App page, where you can choose to add one of your existing apps.
13. If needed, you can switch the folder's type by going to folder settings and clicking on the Aggregate/Inherit and then clicking the Save button.
Updated: June 2020