Product: Partner Portal
Audience: Partner Admin, Partner Developer
My Apps is the dashboard you will be directed to when logging onto Classlink’s Partner Portal. Here you will be able to add and manage connections based on apps.
Each app contains a Roster Server Connection, a Production OAuth2 Configuration, and a Test OAuth2 Configuration. The status of these connection setups can be easily identifiable by the status circle.
- Green: Complete
- Orange: Incomplete
- Gray: Not Configured
Adding an App
To add an app to the dashboard, follow these steps:
- Click Add App in the top left section of the page.
- Enter the App Name.
- Click Select to upload a logo or select from an existing one. When uploading, make sure the following conditions are met:
- The image format is PNG, JPG, or SVG
- It is at least 100x100px (the image's width and height must be equal)
- Less than 500kb
5. If you would like to link the app to an existing Roster Server Connection, click Advanced Options on the bottom of the slide over and use the drop down to select a Roster Server Connection.
6. Once finished, click Save
To manage an app, click into the app on the My Apps Dashboard. On this screen you will be able to view the app's Connections and Details, as well as delete the app.
Partner Portal apps have two types of connections: Roster Server Connections and OAuth2 Configurations. A Roster Server Connection is a link between an app in the Partner Portal and an app in Roster Server. An OAuth2 Configuration is where Single Sign On for the app in LaunchPad is set up.
To add a Roster Server Connection:
- Next to Roster Server Connection, click +.
- Use the list on the slideover to choose a Roster Server Connection by clicking Link.
- To add a new Roster Server Connection to link, click Add New.
If adding an initial Roster Server Connection, follow these steps:
- Enter a Roster Server Connection Name.
- The toggle button next to Production will mark the connection as Production or Beta.
- Click Select to upload or select an existing app icon.
- Click Save.
- Use the next tab, Associated App, to select the app intended for the connection.
6. OAuth2 Configurations are also edited on this page. Click on existing domains under Domains to manage and verify domains.
7. Click the settings icon under LaunchPad Authorization URI to manage the OAuth2 Launchpad connection under the Authorization URL tab.
8. Partners can certify an app by clicking Request Certification. The app’s connections and details are sent to a ClassLink Administrator when requesting a certification. Once a ClassLink Administrator has approved the app, the app will show that it is certified.
To delete an app, just click the Delete App button.
Updated: June 2020