Audience: ClassLink Administrator
1. Duo Push has a separate toggle in the Management Console Security page, which is located under Settings.
2. When toggled on, the following menu will appear:
3. Hostname, Integration Key, and Secret Key can be found in the Duo admin dashboard, under Applications > Auth API
4. After inputting the Auth API details, click the Click to Verify button to confirm the details are accurate.
5. Next, enter an email in the DUO Administrator email field. This email will receive notifications for two-factor reset requests.
6. If you wish to allow accounts with Duo as their two-factor authentication method to have their two-factor method reset through the Management Console, toggle Enable DUO Automated Reset ON. Otherwise, reset requests will have to be approved manually in the Duo Admin Dashboard. Once toggled on, you will be prompted to enter an admin and secret key:
7. This can be found in the Duo admin dashboard, under Applications > Admin API (Admin Key in the Management Console refers to the Integration Key in the Duo dashboard)
8. In the Duo admin dashboard, give the Admin API the following permissions:
9. As with the Auth API details, after the keys are entered click the Click to Verify button to confirm they are accurate.
10. Finally, if you wish to allow users the ability to reset their own Duo two-factor authentication without the need of an admin, toggle User Device Reset ON. If ON, users will be able to reset their Duo two-factor in either the Recovery (new UI) or Two-factor Authentication Setup (legacy UI) tabs of the My Profile menu in My Apps. Further details about Duo device resetting for users can be found in this document.
11. Once all the details have been entered and verified, click Save at the bottom of the menu to save the Duo details. You must then click the save button in the main Security menu to save the Duo toggle status.
Updated: Jul 2020