Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Tenants using the AD ClassLink Gateway 2.0 have the option to use the connector to assign folder permissions in My Files, instead of using Active Directory directly. This option should be considered if the connection to your AD is sometimes slow, and your users cannot access the School Network in My Files. Please connect your AD ClassLink Gateway 2.0 server and check for the latest updates.
1. To enable this option, toggle Enable Folder Mapping ON in the Folder Mapping section of My Files in the Management Console.
2. Once the toggle is set to On, an Assign button will appear next to each folder.
3. Click Assign to view a list of available AD groups for folder mapping assignments.
4. You can either assign the folder to individual groups by clicking the Add button under Action for each desired group, or assign the folder to all groups by clicking Assign to All. Once added, the group will default to Read only access. Alternate access can be assigned by clicking the Write or Delete buttons.
Note: If a group is assigned a folder but not given Read, Write or Delete permissions, they will see the folder, but nothing in it.
5. Once a group has been assigned a folder, the assignment can be removed by clicking the Remove button under Action. Alternatively, all group assignments can be removed by clicking Remove from All.
Updated Jul 2020